Saturday, August 30, 2014

Multiply


















This wednesday I had the privilege of going to an Ed Sheeran concert. And oh my goodness, was it amazing! When I heard that he was finally going to have his own headlining tour, I knew I had to get tickets! So my friend Naomi and I went online and got tickets. At first I thought we bought really horrible seats, but when we arrived we were so close to the stage that we could literally see the stage and the performers very clearly. Unfortunately, my camera and phone were unable to capture it that well.
So here is how the concert went:
When we arrived inside the arena Rudimental started playing. I never heard of them before but they were spectacular. Rudimental, for those who don't know (like me), is a British band that consists of four people who play genres including liquid funk (never heard of that before), jungle (or that), soul, electronica, and pop. The band also has collaborations with artists including Emelie Sande, Alex Clare, John Newman, and more. I started looking up their songs when I came home and I think my favorite is Free, a collaboration with Sande. If you don't know who this band is and are interested to fund out more about them, you should definitely go hear some of their music because they are seriously so good.
After Rudimental performed, there was a brief intermission and ED SHEERAN came out! He first started playing Im A Mess and then continued playing songs from his newest album, X (pronounced multiply) and songs from his pervious album +. He must totally be a math person...hahaha. What I really loved about his performance is that he got the whole audience involved, telling us to sing versus when he was silent, clap, and make pretty chords (I think thats the word) with our voices to go with the song he was playing. It was also like he was playing to a group of 5 people because he was sharing thoughts on songs, funny stories, and how his day was, which was so cool. Most singers I know don't seem to be that humble and talk to their audience in such an intimate way. But my favorite part was how he was able to captivate the entire audience with just himself, his guitar, and a loop pedal. Just with those three tools he was able to get the ENTIRE arena of 18000+ people to be absolutely SILENT when he was singing really meaningful songs like Photograph, Thinking out Loud, and Afire Love. And during these songs, when it was silent, the whole crowd lit up their phones and it was as if their were fireflies everywhere, it was so beautiful. And... he had a surprise guest! Gary Lightbody (from Snow Patrol)! First Ed said he was gonna sing his favorite song with lyrics he loves and wish he could have written (The song was Chasing Cars) and after the first verse, Gary comes from a side entrance and begins singing his song with Ed!! It was such a cool moment!! I can't believe I was able to see them sing together, they really sing great together. After they sang chasing cars Ed had a few more songs, including A-Team, and then the concert was over :'(. I was honestly such a great night with amazing performers, great music, and good vibes. I cant wait for another album of his to come out and go to his second headlining tour!
More next week!
xox
Leah

I tried to post some videos on here from the concert but it didn't work :(
Plus next week I will do a post on what I wore! 

Go check my insta for some videos and pictures from the concert too! 

7 comments:

  1. Wow I love both outfits!! And looks like you girls had a great time! :)

    GIRL ABOUT TOWN BLOG
    Facebook || Instagram || Bloglovin || Google+

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the matching stripes in the first photo! Plus I'm so jealous you saw Ed Sheeran - I've seen Rudimental live before, Free is my favourite song too!

    XO Greta | flourish-blog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a blast!

    Chalsie | The Workshop Co.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool pictures! And I really like the outfits that you guys are wearing! That looks like a really fun concert you guys went to!

    Tiffany
    Tragic Couturist

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucky you! Love your shoes too. Reminds me of Martin Margiela.

    Cynthia
    www.pinchofchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg i love ed sheran, sounds like you had an amazing time!

    x
    ♥ Ellen #NZblogger
    SHOPSTYLECONQUER.COM
    Facebook + Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving the outfit you're wearing here! You look sublime in black and white! :D

    x Aurélie

    ReplyDelete

Pro Blogger Templates by pipdig